The town was founded in 1882 and the local community is proud of its strong history. Many people know the town for "Templeton Rye," which was popular during the great depression. Although that time is past, Templeton has a great deal to offer and has made itself known as a community on the move.
- 362 residents
- Founded in 1882
- Known for "Templeton Rye"
- Continual industrial and commercial expansion
- Type of local government: mayor and council
- City zoning ordinance in effect: Yes
- County zoning ordinance in effect: Yes
- Subdivision ordinance in effect: Yes
- Number of volunteer fire department personnel: 33
- Fire insurance class in city: 8
- Fire insurance class outside city: 9
- Police Protection: contracted with Carroll County Sheriff's Department
- Percent of city streets paved with curb and gutter: 95%